H-TEC's 1-Cell Rebuildable PEM Fuel Cell Kit contains a Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell (PEMFC) that can be completely disassembled and then reassembled specially for education and research purposes. The PEM fuel cell can run in Hydrogen/oxygen or hydrogen/air operation modes. All the tools needed for assembly are included!
In a fuel cell, chemical energy is converted directly into electrical energy, i.e. without use of a combustion process. Hydrogen and oxygen (or ambient air) supplied from outside the process react electrochemically to form water, generating electrical current and heat in the process. The oxygen can be supplied in pure form, or in the form of ambient air.
• Cathode: 4e- + 4H+ + O2 → 2H2O
• Anode: 2H2 → 4H+ + 4e-
• Complete Reaction: 2H2 + O2 → 2H2O
• Power in Hydrogen and Oxygen Mode: 1 W
• Power in Hydrogen and Air Mode: 800 mW
• Electrode Area: 16 cm²
• Generated Voltage: 0.4 - 0.96 V DC
• Short Circuit Proof
• Requires Commercial distilled (deionised) water with a conductivity of < 2 μS/cm
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 3.9" x 3.14" x 3.07" (98 x 80 x 78 mm)
• Weight: 8 oz (225 g)
Tags: proton exchange membrane fuel cell kit, pem fuel cell kit, education fuel cell kit, teaching fuel cell pem, h-tec, h-tec fuel cell, F107, f107, PEMFC Kit, 1-Cell Rebuildable PEM Fuel Cell Kit, 1-Cell Dismantable PEM Fuel Cell Kit, Fuel Cell, Fuel Cell Kit, Dismantable Fuel Cell, Rebuildable Fuel Cell